Private:

Franz Schoenhofer

Habicherg. 31/7

A-1160 Vienna, AUSTRIA

Phone: -43 699 11681319

e-mail: franz.schoenhofer@chello.at

Office:

MR Dr. Franz Schoenhofer

Federal Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management

Dep. I/8U, Radiation Protection

Radetzkystr. 2

A-1031 Vienna, AUSTRIA

phone: +43-1-71100-4458

fax: +43-1-7122331

e-mail: franz.schoenhofer@bmu.gv.at

Dear collegues and friends at RADSAFE,

I recently read an article in a German scientific journal about the "hazard"

from air filters used to dehumidify the air in water works. While it is well

known, that radon accumulates in water works I was also of the opinion that

whatever filter one uses to filter air through will filter off at least a

great part of the daughter products. And since the Chernobyl accident we

know all to well that any aerosols are filtered (why should we use air

filters if they would not??)

Do you know of any literature, which scientifically deals with the question

of radon daughter removals by commercial air filters and especially dose

rates to be expected near the filters and during changing the filters and

possibly inhaling dust?

Your answers will be appreciated!

Franz