Re: Radsafers & the Badtrans virus alerts

> Therefore I wonder if

> the virus possibly may have made its way to our archives? An alternative

> explanation is that it only picked unread emails for its spreading and

some

> of those completely different emails happened to be in the same computer.

I have seen some mails get stopped coming into Radsafe in the last few days

because the Vanderbilt server detected a suspicious attachment (i.e. I got a

message about the e-mail but not the e-mail itself). I have a filter on

Radsafe messages that is supposed to stop anything with any attachment at

all coming through. So I think this is just a very widely spreading virus or

worm that many of us have gotten from various sources, but not through the

list.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 322-3190