OSHA Refresher Training

Radsafers,

Question:  If the 8-hour Occupational Safety and Health Administration

(OSHA) Refresher Training is offered as an annual course on the Saturday

preceding the annual HPS (ARSCE) meeting, would you attend the training?

The American Academy of Health Physics (AAHP) Continuing Education Committee

is considering offering this course along with the standard three

health-physics related courses at the summer meetings.  There is, of course,

a cost for taking the course ( The cost set for these courses at the Orlando

mid-year meeting is $150.00).

The locations for the next three annual meetings are Tampa, San Diego, and

Washington, DC.

A decision will be made by the AAHP Executive Committee at the Orlando

mid-year meeting about offering the OSHA Refresher.  A primary factor in the

decision will be the number of attendees we can expect at the course.  To be

a viable ongoing course, we need an annual attendance of about 30 people.

If you would attend this training, please send me an email at the address

below.

Les Aldrich, Chair

AAHP Continuing Education Committee

l_k_ii_les_aldrich@rl.gov