Re: role of forest fires in CO2 emissions

Tom,

    A good source of information on radionuclide concentrations in oil,

coal, natural gas, peat is given in the older UNSCEAR reports (1994 and

before).  They also include comparative tables for atmospheric discharges

that result from using these materials for electricity production (and

others forms of electricity production including geothermal).   Both in

terms of MBq/GWa and also in terms of collective dose  (Sv/GWa).

Unfortunately as someone recently pointed out on RADSAFE the older UNSCEAR

reports are not available in pdf format on the web.  Although the newer

reports (2000 and 2001) are, and this is welcomed, they generally refer  to

the older reports for much of this detail.

I have to hand copies of the 1977, 1986 and 1988 reports and could if you

wished supply limited information from these.  If you let me know what

information you want, hopefully keeping it brief, then I will endeavour to

reproduce this information for you in word/excel formats and e-mail it to

you directly.  While I will probably regret this the offer is also open to

others who have a specific need, rather than a vague idea of what they want.

Depending on the response, if any, the return e-mails may take a while.

I am assuming, as I haven't seen any replies to the posts requesting

information of pdf versions of earlier reports, that these don't exist.

If someone does know where pdf versions can be obtained, please let me know

and save my typing skills for other posts.

Regards

    Julian Ginniver