RE: Risks of low level radiation - New Scientist Article

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Jim Nelson wrote:

> Mr. Dukelow,

> I have read Dr. King's book and others on the subject. If you ask Dr. King,

> he will tell you, as he has told others, that if you can use data from

> discrete individuals that is preferable to ecologic data.  His book refers

> to the use of that data, when that is all you have.  Email Dr, King and ask

> him.

	--The problem is that there are no data on discrete individuals

that are capable of determining the risk of low level exposure to radon,

below 4 pCi/L in a home, with sufficient statistics to be meaningful. In

fact I have shown that the data that are available are consistent with my

data even if my data are interpreted (incorrectly) as risk to individuals

--see Health Phys.76:438-439;1999