BWC Certification course

This is an excellent course.  It helped me to obtain certification.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane

Bowie, MD  20715-2024

E-mail:  jenday1@email.msn.com (H)

------------------------

Baltimore-Washington Chapter, Dr. James Cassata, Course Director,

Baltimore-Washington Chapter HPS, Naval Dosimetry Center, 8901 Wisconsin

Ave., Bethesda, MD 20899-5614; 301-295-5422;

email: JCassata@NavDosCen.med.navy.mil.

TITLE: BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON CERTIFIED HEALTH PHYSICS EXAM REVIEW AND

PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSE.

The Baltimore-Washington Chapter of the Health Physics Society will  be

presenting its annual Certified Health Physics Exam Review and Professional

Development Course starting 12 January 2002.  The course is designed for the

Health Physicist who plans to take Part I and/or Part II of the ABHP

examination, or for the HP or CHP who wishes to improve and refresh their

knowledge of Health Physics.  32 CEUs will be available for any CHP who

takes the course as a review.  Course starts with a practice exam (Parts I

and II) on Saturday 12 Jan 2002 at 8 am.  The following Tuesday (15 Jan

2002) will be a review of the exam starting at 18:00.  Thereafter lectures

will be Thursdays 18:00-20:30 and problem-solving sessions Tuesdays

18:00-20:30 through May 16.  The final practice exam will be Saturday May

11.  Lectures will be presented by experts in the corresponding subject

material.  A discussion of test-taking preparation and strategy are

provided.  Part I and Part II type problems will be reviewed.  Students will

participate in writing exam questions.

Texts will be Cember, the Cember and Johnson solutions manual, Moe's

operational HP book, Bevelacqua's Part I book and Shleien et al's latest

Health Physics and Radiological Health Handbook.  Partial scholarships are

available to students who are in need of financial assistance.  The course

is offered to both resident and correspondence students.

Correspondence students will receive texts, handout materials, and homework

assignments and solutions.  Students are encouraged to correspond with each

other and with instructors and course organizers by email; questions on the

material are welcome.  Cost is $700 per student ($625 if paid by 1 Jan.

2002), payable to the Baltimore-Washington Chapter HPS (or BWC-HPS) by 31

Jan. 2002.  For further information or to apply online visit the local

chapter website at  WWW.BWCHPS.ORG  (click on the third button down "CHP

Review Course").

DATES:	12 January - 16 May 2002

FEE:		$700.00 (includes all materials); $625.00 if received by

Jan. 1

PLACE:	Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS)

		4301 Jones Bridge Road

		Bethesda, MD 20814