Re: Risks of low level radiation - New Scientist Article

> > Indeed many non-smokers get lung cancer and many smokers do not.

> Not many non-smokers. And lung cancer before smoking was very small.

Another

> nail in the radon-causes lung cancer coffin!

    How about this "confouding factor":   In the time period "before

smoking", human

longevity was much shorter. People did not live long enough to get lung

cancer. Age specific lung cancer rates generally increase with increasing

age. The incidence rate for most all cancers increases with increased aging

of the population.

    BTW, I really do believe that smoking causes cancer among smokers.

Nonetheess, I am also suspicious of much of the epidemiologic claptrap we

have been exposed to including that related to "effects" of second hand

smoke which is essentially based on the same the same kind of thinking

as is LNT.