Re: at least 13 nukes have to fix cracked reactor nozzles

At 02:18 PM 12/11/01 -0500, Norman Cohen wrote:

>Andrew Hund wrote:

>> Monday December 10, 6:01 pm Eastern Time

>> By Leonard Anderson

>> SAN FRANCISCO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission

>> has identified 13 atomic reactors that are developing tiny cracks that

>> could seriously damage plant equipment and cause lengthy shutdowns for

repairs.

*****

December 11, 2001

Davis, CA

The underlying truth in this sketchy news release is that U.S. reactors are

continuously and carefully monitored, inspected, serviced, and repaired so

that we can have a high level of confidence in their safety and reliability.

Otto

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP

Center for Health & the Environment

(Street Address: Bldg. 3792, Old Davis Road)

University of California, Davis, CA 95616

E-Mail: ograabe@ucdavis.edu

Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140