Re: Recent safety hazards at aging nuclear plants

Hi Julian

Its not clear from my reading of the article whether the writer just used the

'past three years' because thats what he had data for, or because he assumes a

worsening trend. I thinkn that this article is based to some degree

on a UCS (radsafe's favorite nuclear safety org, -NOT) report that focused on

aging problems over the last three years.

The rest of your reply is very detailed, and I appreciate the time you took and

the civility you showed towards me. I'll do my best to get back to you with more

of a  reply than this. Off the cuff, I'd mention that  most of the worse

clunkers in our nuclear 'fleet' have been closed up, thus making the stats look

better.  It might also be that aging problems are concentrated in certain nukes

and not others.

Its a busy time for me, but I'll see about replying in more detail.

Peace,

Norm

julian ginniver wrote:snip