what news is relevant

> As far as newspaper

> articles, from the time I first joined radsafe, Sandy Perle has always

> posted a daily review of newspaper articles. Franz, I don't recall

> that you ever criticized him. Are newspaper articles OK, unless Norm

> posts them?

Norm is correct about my posting news, and Norm is also correct in stating that he, and

anyone else, have the right to post any nuclear related news item that is distributed to

the public. Several years ago I was asked in a private E-Mail, that I should not post

unfavorable news items, items that were anti-nuclear. My response then, as it is now, is

that we in the industry need to be cognizant of what is being written about us, around us

and over us. It is only with this knowledge are we able to be better prepared to address,

discuss and promote an adequate response. We are essentially in a war, and, as in all

wars, information is necessary. We need to be aware of the positive, the negative and

the multitude of dis-information that exists. To do otherwise is simply relegating our

industry to be the primary proponent of the "Ostrich Society", where all of its members

can be easily found with their heads in the sand, and their asses up in the air. I don't

think this position is very flattering. Does anyone?

Sandy Perle				Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100

Director, Technical			Extension 2306

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service	Fax:(714) 668-3149

ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.		E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  	E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com