Re: Re: Risks of low level radiation - New Scientist Article

Dr. Cohen,

This is my last post on this issue.  You said in a previous post that

you would look at any area of the U.S. to see if your inverse

association holds.  You make statements and don't back them up.  I

just want to again document that you have been asked to do this yet

again. Why have you not responded to numerous posts and publications

by Field and others to provide a definitive explanation why your

inverse association does not hold in Iowa when they used all your

data, and merely updated your lung cancer incidence data?  The

inverse association disappeared when they used better SEER data.   If

epidemiologists are too believe your findings for the whole country,

they should hold for a state with the highest radon, finest gradation

of ecologic units (1/16 of the total units you use)and Iowa only has

1% of the U.S. population.  The only answer I saw that you gave was

that there must be some minority population causing Smith et al

findings.  I do not find it plausible given the lack of a large

ethnic minority population in Iowa.  Don't say you can explain it for

any geographic region when you failed to respond to Field's challenge.

John Williams

Sent by Law  Mail