Re: what news is relevant

Franz,

I'm confused (no jokes now). I looked at Sandy's last 3 postings. News was from

AP,  Reuters, Kyodo, and Australian Broadcasting. Are you saying that ONLY

national news organizations like that provide unbiased objective news?

Also, many times, the newspaper articles I post are from the wire services or

are based on them. I don't see

what the difference is, as to whether an article is from Time, UCS, or AP. As

long as the subject is under the radsafe umbrella, it should be OK to post.

I was also confused about your comment about journalists making money. Isn't the

AP a money-making organization?

I do understand your point that individual journalists can be biased. So can the

AP, and as you demonstrate, the venerable NY Times. But thats where the

discussion comes in, where you and others who care to can knock holes in these

reports.

Finally, as Sandy pointed out in his response, whether you think so or not, by

posting these news articles I'm doing you alla favor by letting you know how the

news is slanted/spun/pitched/biased, and how ordinary local people think about

nuke power.

peace

norm

--

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave.,

Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8537 or 609-601-8583 (8583: fax, answer machine);

ncohen12@home.com  UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE:  http://www.unplugsalem.org/  COALITION

FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:  http:/www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org   The

Coalition for Peace and Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.

"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you; Then you

win. (Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin Carpenter)