RE: Chronic Low-Level Radiation Exposure Causes Chromosomal Aberr ations

The thing that caught my attention most was the size, or lack of, in the

sample. Eight people w/ eight controls? It's been a long time since my stat

courses, but I seem to recall needing a minimum of 30 before the data are

significant. To state that, "Chronic exposure of health workers to low-level

ionizing radiation is associated with chromosomal aberrations and sister

chromatid exchanges" based on such a small sample size sounds more like they

were merely attempting to "confirm" their own opinions.

Jack Earley

Radiological Engineer