Re: Source of cancer data

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Jacobus, John (OD/ORS) wrote:

> Dr. Cohen,

> Besides the SEER data, the following may of use.

> http://www.dceg.cancer.gov/cgi-bin/atlas/ca-type?site=lun It appears to

> provide more detailed information.

	--I will check on this, but the cancer atlases are based on

mortality, not in incidence data. I have all of the government mortality

statistics and have been using them in my papers. The argument was that

SEER data, which is based on incidence rather than mortality, was claimed

to be better.

If that is true, I would like to know why. Does anyone know why such

claims are correct?