Re: Re: Re: Source of cancer data

Dr. Cohen,

In the 1999 paper, they said Cohen has yet to provide a persuasive

argument for our findings in Iowa (Smith et al 1998) which

predominately used your own aggregate data.

In the 1998 paper, they point out you used temporally flawed

mortality data.

1) You used lung cancer mortality rates from a time period before the

the county radon exposure information you used.  Instead, the county

averages should have been from 20 years or so before the lung cancer

mortality data.

2) Their figure 2 shows the large slopes and error bars associated

with the mortality data you used as compared to SEER incidence data.

I do not have your data or theirs on hand.  But, it looks easy to

recalculate with the data in hand.

I'll let you do the math.

John Williams

Sent by Law  Mail