Re: Source of cancer data

In a message dated 12/21/01 12:15:11 AM Mountain Standard Time, maury@WEBTEXAS.COM writes:

. In my judgment,
however, the EPA has been an awesome political entity throughout its
entire devious life.. It epitomizes my pet peeve of the political abuse
of science. EPA has a long record of submerging science by means of
political power

For the record:  EPA lost most of its qualified scientists during the Reagan administration; Anne Burford at one time cut the budget by about 60% and EPA never recovered.  To add insult to injury: EPA employees rarely actually "do science" themselves.  Instead they manage contracts, which is a frudtrating occupation for someone interested in environmental science.  The same problem exists with DOE.

Let me add my compliments to Dr. Bernard Cohen for the great restraint he has shown in the exchanges about his work.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com