DOE-NRC crosswalk

Is anyone aware of anything that has been published that gives a crosswalk

of the location of pertinent radiation safety related issues in NRC versus

in DOE?  As a recent transplant to the NRC world from a DOE world, I am

constantly frustrated trying to locate the NRC version of information that

I knew how to find in DOE regs.  If I could keep a cheat-sheet that I could

just lookup what the comparative rule number or NUREG or whatever the case

may be, it would be a huge time saver.

All help is appreciated.

As a side note on the recent (give or take a few years) spate of bickering

over political/radiation issues, am I the only one who sometimes cannot

even tell which side of an argument the people are on?  The messages have

become so numerous and directed at  individuals that I have given up all

thoughts of trying to use them as a learning tool.    Give it a

rest.  Depending on your position, you are either preaching to the choir or

arguing with people who have no real interest in listening to you and will

instead make ugly insinuations about you or your work.

Kim Merritt

Radiation Safety Officer

NASA Langley Research Center

<mailto:k.merritt@larc.nasa.gov>

(757)864-3210

pager 1-888-629-3645

The opinions expressed do not represent anyone but myself.  I am not a

statistician, epidemiologist or spelling-bee grand champion.