Re: Genders - Ethics, Definitions

Neil,

>... Ethics is a personal thing.  Morals, within the context

>of this definition, would simply  refer to the moral codes

>of a group (or area, or activity) in the aggregate.

I can only partly agree with that. Moral is our ability to distinguish

good from bad; except personal perception for 'good' and 'bad', we

seem to have (firmly programmed?) common, static moral values.

Even our cat distinguishes good from bad in many cases the way we do.

(Well he is the most intelligent cat I ever knew but this is another story :-).

We know it is bad to kill - I believe we don't have to learn that.

We take for granted that killing is OK if we eat what we killed - I wish

I could be a bit more positive about that... (No-no, I am not a vegetarian).

And of course, there are personal differences. Once our cat had killed

a mole in the garden. While we two with Lucy looked horrified at the

poor mole, Jerry (the cat) stood near us and was expressing sheer pride

of what he had done...

Dimiter

(see Jerry and us at http://transhalactic.freeyellow.com/whower.htm )

Dimiter Popoff

Transgalactic Instruments, Gourko Str. 25 b, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria

http://transgalactic.freeyellow.com   <---- now with the new Nukeman

Email: tgi@cit.bg, tgi_earth@yahoo.com

Phone: 00359/2/566752, Fax: 00359/2/9540384