additional information on Sr-90 exposure in Georgia

Private:

Franz Schoenhofer

Habicherg. 31/7

A-1160 Vienna, AUSTRIA

Phone: -43 699 11681319

e-mail: franz.schoenhofer@chello.at

Office:

MR Dr. Franz Schoenhofer

Federal Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management

Dep. I/8U, Radiation Protection

Radetzkystr. 2

A-1031 Vienna, AUSTRIA

phone: +43-1-71100-4458

fax: +43-1-7122331

e-mail: franz.schoenhofer@bmu.gv.at

The IAEA website contains only a one sentence notice in its Daily Press

Review, stating that IAEA experts have gone to Georgia.

I had received my information about the search for Sr-90 recently in France

at an Advanced Course of On Site Inspection of the Comprehensive Test Ban

Treaty Organisation, Prep Com in cooperation with French authorities. I just

looked at the video we received. The background information about the

missing sources given in the video is the following:

The video starts: "Following a series of accidents in different parts of

Georgia, locally investigations provided proof, that four sources of Sr-90

with radioactive levels of fortythousand Curie had gone missing. These

sources were in use for radioactive thermal generators and their containers

have been found empty."