Iowa Radon Lung Cancer Study

Dr. Long,

Is there a reason you continue to send me these emails?   Do you have a

question I can answer?  It is my impression from your emails that you fail

to understand the basics of the various epidemiologic study designs.

The Iowa Study and supporting studies were peer reviewed. The major findings

paper, that was accepted by the prestigious journal AJE, was peer reviewed

by three outside reviewers.  They highly recommended the paper for

acceptance.  Among the authors of the Iowa Study were very qualified

biostatisticians and epidemiologists.   For example, see:

http://www.public-health.uiowa.edu/faculty/~woolson.html,

http://www.public-health.uiowa.edu/faculty/~lynch.html, etc.   Other

http://www.public-health.uiowa.edu/news/2001_archive/201radon.html studies

are currently underway:

If you have specific criticisms of the paper, please feel free to write a

letter-to-the-editor.

Bill Field