RE: Objectivity

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Jacobus, John (OD/ORS) wrote:

> Howard,

> Since Dr. Cohen would be the judge of whether he was wrong or not, I wonder

> if it was a fair contest.

	--I can't remember the details of the reward offers I made in the

past, but I thought I always incorporated some method of decision beyond

my personal judgement. My present offer surely is fair: all that is

necessary is for the person with the explanation to get it accepted for

publication in Health Physics or an equivalent journal, and they get a

$1000 reward. I have no control whatever over the process.