From: J. J. Rozental [mailto:joseroze@NETVISION.NET.IL]

Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 12:18 PM

To: William V Lipton; Michael Stabin

Cc: Jim Muckerheide; peter.thomas@health.gov.au; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subject: Re: ICRP 2 standard

Prof. Bo Lindell who is the recipient of the first Sievert award, presented

at international congress on radiation protection IRPA-9 in Vienna (April

1996), one of the most important paper on risk evaluation and

decision-making. The main point of his lecture was that there are no

acceptable risks only acceptable practices, and that communication with the

public needs to be a higher priority in the field of radiation protection.

Bo's paper, RISK EVALUATION AND DECISION MAKING, explains with admirable

competence many of our divergences. One point in the Bo's paper is Attention

to Attitudes, and he point out that there are a number of well known factor

that form our attitude and they influence our risk perception, but this view

may be to narrow since they influence our attitude to more than just the

risk,  and Bo explains the most important factor. Probably many of you have

attended that risk evaluation and decision making symposium and have the

Bo's paper, however if someone has not and is interested, it will be a

pleasure to send it.

Here again

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il