Re: radon - documentation of exposure histories for Iowa study

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Rad health wrote:

> Chris,

> I am glad you picked up on that.  I expected at least one response from that

> posting.  I brought up Ray Johnson's expertise in radon dose assessment, and

> Muckerheide says Ray is not experienced enough to judge good science, but

> Dupponte is.  The point I was making about Dupponte is that in my view he

> does favor the views of the Rad Sci and Health group as obvious from his

> posting on their site.  That in itself does not make him an expert beyond

> experts or a bad scientist.  I just think Ray would be an objective

> observer.

	--Ray Johnson is a prominent member of the radon measurement

industry which benefits from the idea that radon in homes is an important

hazard. Ray is a friend of mine and I have high respect for him, but he

has no more reason to be objective about the Iowa study, which supports

the idea that radon is very dangerous, than Phillippe Duporte who has no

financial stake in the issue. Please don't interpret this as an attack on

Ray, but rather as a defense for Phillipe.