Re: Objectivity

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Rad health wrote:

> It is easy to offer a reward when the likely cause of the finding is

> cross-level bias that can not be proven.  Honesty, would entail admitting

> that one possible source of the inverse association "may" be the cross-level

> bias.

	--In all of the reward offers I made for explanations of my data,

there was no requirement that the explanation be proven to be correct. On

the contrary, it was up to me to prove that it cannot be correct. If I

could not prove it to be very highly implausible in the view of neutral

observers, the reward would be paid. Now I have even dropped my option for

proving that it is not correct -- if the suggested explanation gets

accepted for publication, the reward is paid whether or not I can prove

that it is incorrect.