Deaths from radon in U.S.

Could you please give the exact URL for the 19,000 cancer deaths?

Ruth,

Actually 18,600 if you use the central estimate

Don Smith

SEE:

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/radon/beirvi1.html

On the basis of the epidemiologic evidence from miners and understanding of

the genomic damage caused by alpha particles, the committee concluded that

exposure to radon in homes is expected to be a cause of lung cancer in the

general population. According to the committee's two preferred risk models,

the number of lung-cancer cases due to residential radon exposure in the

United States was projected to be 15,400 (exposure-age-duration model) or

21,800 (exposure-age-concentration model). This indicates a public-health

problem and makes indoor radon the second leading cause of lung cancer after

cigarette-smoking.