Re: Is it too late?

Depending on the radioactive source strength and existing shielding,

building a thicker concrete wall could also increase radiation dose to the

public from radionuclides in the concrete and dispersed to the environment

during the preparation of the concrete.  Of course the workers would also be

exposed to more dose.

In addition to the construction injuries, there would be public risk

associated with the transportation of the concrete and rebar.  A rigorous

risk analysis would also uncover more risks to the public and workers.

Don Kosloff dkosloff1@msn.com

2910 Main Street, Perry OH 44081