Radiation and health

>Howard Long wrote:

>PS I met Muckerheide at a Doctors for Disaster Preparedness meeting.

>Expansion of his comments like those here was well received as consitent

>with the

>experiences of the dozens of independent scientists there. That tape is

>available from jersnav@mindspring .com.

Howard,

Is this the meeting you are speaking about?

DOCTORS FOR DISASTER PREPAREDNESS NEWSLETTER

JULY 2001

VOL. XVIII, NO. 4

RADIATION VERSUS CANCER

Most people think of radiation as a cause of cancer: as indeed it is in high

dosage. In very high, concentrated dosage, it is also a palliative (or

sometimes curative) measure through destruction of tumor cells.

Howard,

Does anyone know the mechanism for this?  Is it because the immune system up

regulates tha amount of inflamatory cytokines?

Don Smith