Re: Radiation and health

Ken, Radhealth and radsafers,

Negatives cannot be proven, but a threshold can be demonstrated beyond

reasonable doubt. Otto Raabe, statistician at UCDavis, did state the statistical

case for Cohen's data refuting LNT, on radsafe, a few months ago.

My own acceptance of Cohen's data refuting LNT, comes, first, from its

consistency with animal and cell studies, with other parts of the em spectrum

(sunshine), with Nuclear SWorkers Study, bomb and Chernobyl survivor studies,

etc, nad, second from my epidemiologic analysis.

Cohen's consistency in dozens of sub-studies (like all smokers or no smokers,

etc) and the smooth curve of means and the short 1 SD error bars in Cohen's

study give me more confidence in Cohen's refutation of LNT than I have in almost

my medical decisions.

As a physician, I believe mortality rates (and I do sign death certificates so I

know the problems there) more than I believe incidence data like FIeld's (and I

also make diagnoses, so I know the problems there, too).

It is time the HP community throws out LNT. Otherwise, HPs may worsen the

iradiation deficiency that is ncreasingly apparent .   HPs can greatly benefit

1, surgical results (radioactive stents are now standard), 2, cancer prevention

(Taiwan apts, nuclear workers, bomb survivors, British radiologists, etc), 3,

resistance to infection (gangrehe, AIDS, etc) and longevity.

Howard Long