Re: Lung cancer mortality from radon versus mortality from other <plus> Radon...

In a message dated 1/23/02 8:44:04 AM Mountain Standard Time, healthrad@hotmail.com writes:

If they smoked, I would say that is a greater risk than all of the potential
hazards below you bring up.

No they do not smoke and never have.  These are real people, by the way.

If the asbestos was not pliable, I would have left it in place.  The
decision between the radon and the wiring would depend on the concentrations
of the radon and how faulty the wiring is.  Also, at this point, I see no
way they could install "radon barriers".  That is usually only done for new
construction.

They were informed that radon barriers could be installed.  Without tearing out the wiring or exposing it, how could they tell how faulty it is?  It's at least 20 years old.  Please don't avoid the question.  If you had only enough money to mitigate radon or aluminum electrical wiring, which would you mitigate?

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com