Re: Cohen's ecologic study questions

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Field, R. William wrote:

> Dr. Cohen,

> We have given you many specific examples.

> For example, we have previously stated that you are performing your

> stratifications based on confounders at the individual level, not the group

> level.  Use aggregate level confounders for stratification if you want to

> improve your ecologic studies.

	--By "specific" I mean something that can be calculated if data

were available. Name something specific that you have suggested and that I

have not shown to be very highly implausible. Whether I use individual

level or group level confounders is irrelevant as long as I can convince

people that the specific suggestion is implausible.