Re: ignorant press by environmental group

HI Tom,

Well, if enough manufacturing jobs keep fleing to Mexico and other

countries, we might well not be an industrialized country...But to your

point, sure, the media is composed of fallible human beings, who's aim

is to sell newspapers, or (for TV) attract advertisers by getting

ratings. If this wasn't so, "spin"

wouldn't work.

But remember, that the media screw-ups go both ways. I've been

mis-quoted in the past, have had press releases rewritten so that their

orignal intent was obscured, etc. This is just something a democracy

with a free press puts up with.

And yes, the Aussie enviro shoulda had his facts right. Maybe he had one

too many Fosters beer before speaking. ;-)

Norm

--

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr

Ave., Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8537 or 609-601-8583 (8583: fax, answer

machine);  ncohen12@home.com  UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE:

http://www.unplugsalem.org/  COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:

http:/www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org

The Coalition for Peace and Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.

"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you;

Then you win. (Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin

Carpenter)