Re: Reid challenges Price Anderson Act

HI Patricia,

Clearly Reid wanted to get a good look at her legs  :-)

Christie's appearance is politics, not science, though I'd be interested to know who at STAR actually wrote her statement.

The committee did hear from  Peter Bradford who is a former NRC Commisioner, so there was a balance between expert and supermodel.

Peace,

Norm

Patricia Milligan wrote:

> Christy Brinkley?? isn't anyone just amazed that the Senate would actually invite a model to talk about nuclear power... maybe they will invite George Clooney when they talk about health care issues.  How can anyone take such a panel seriously??

> Patricia A. Milligan, RPh.,CHP

> USNRC

> 301-415-2223

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave., Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8537 or 609-601-8583 (8583: fax, answer machine);  ncohen12@home.com  UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE:  http://www.unplugsalem.org/  COALITION FOR PEACE

AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:  http:/www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org   The Coalition for Peace and Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.

"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you; Then you win. (Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin Carpenter)