Re: Lung cancer mortality from radon versus mortality fromother<plus>Radon...

Don,

I "keep saying this" - ie, "Selecting an outlier  invalidates inference to the whole,"

because neither you nor Fields has responded!

Iowa women had only a -0.3 SD  for lung ca mortality vs radon,

where there was >-3.0 SD for the whole USA.

Nor have you supplied data that could justify substituting statistical

"adjustment" (extrapolation from outside studies and populations)

for matching smokers (32% of controls vs 86% of Iowa cases).

Each of these problems suggests that the Iowa case control study

should not claim better "quality" than Cohen's epidemiologic study.

Do you concede this?

Not, going, going, going - but waiting, waiting, waiting!

Howard Long