Re: Field's Input

Michael,

I think he was frustrated by the number of times he answered these same

questions for you over and over.  You started the ad hominem attacks against

him personally with your previous postings on Radsafe.  I viewed his

response as frustration with your posts on a public listserv concerning a

study he co-authored.  You attacked the Iowa study in a letter to Gov. Bush

and then sent it for publication in the Billet.  Did you ask him for a

clarification on these issues before you wrote the letter to Gov. Bush?  I

personally think his response was constrained considering the misinformation

of your letter and its circulation.

As far as Dr. Field standing up for a study he coauthored, check the

archives for his name.  He has spent hours responding on this listserv in

the past. He also wrote the letter to the Billet at the urging of HPS

members from that local society. I have seen no other epidemiologist debate

the issues on this list of ANY study they published.  If you know of such an

instance, let me know. Nor, do I know of any other epidemiologist who took

the time to document their methodology in so many major peer reviewed

journals.  Show me even one epidemiology study on any subject that published

their QA methodology for that study.

As far as a retraction from me.  What did I say that requires a retraction?

Don

http://www.hotmail.com