Re: Cohen data suspect at best

In a message dated 1/28/02 6:59:59 PM Mountain Standard Time, healthrad@hotmail.com writes:

Dr. Field emailed numerous articles to me that do not agree with you.  If
blacks are under counted their smoking and lung cancer rates are higher,
this alone can cause the effect Cohen sees.

If you read what I wrote, I agreed that poor people, including members of racial minorities are undercounted.  What I DISAGREED with was your contention that census data is at best 20% correct (which is the equivalent of 80% wrong).  I stand by what I said, and I do wish you wouldn't misquote me,  Moreover, please respond to me on RADSAFE.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com