Re: Re: Cohen's Fallacy

Kai,

He could perform a case control study that eliminates cross-level bias or he

could use the methods of Guthrie to help control the aggregate bias.  Have

you read that paper yet?  If Cohen was really interested in improving his

study he would incorporate such methods.  But, he always go back to

theoretical and then uses his methods to disprove the theoretical that he

constructs.  As he said before, I want people to give me an explanation I

can disprove.  The point that I am trying to make that falls of deaf ears is

why not determine the inter county correlations as suggested by Guthrie,

then you would ned no theoreticals.

http://www.hotmail.com