Re. Fed Guidance #11- Yucca, Money, etc. (A Posting NOT About LNT)

I chuckled reading Ruth Weiner's post about Yucca Mt.  And Nevada and money.

It was, for me "déjà vu all over again."

I worked at WIPP from 1991 to 1997 and recall New Mexico milking the Feds.

for Mega-dollars for "necessary" highway improvements to keep that dangerous

waste away from Santa Fe (as, all the while, SSTs quietly trundled through

town to/from LANL).

When I arrived at WIPP the "Ready for Waste in '88" buttons gathered dust in

people's desk drawers, and when I left (convinced that WIPP would never

receive waste) they were considering making up the "10 Years Late in '98"

buttons.  But, be of good cheer Yucca supporters.  In '99 a miracle happened

and WIPP opened.  Yucca Mt. will have its day.

Bates Estabrooks

Facility Safety-EUO Restart

BWXT Y-12

Oak Ridge, TN 37831