RE: I love high-level nuclear waste and want some in my yard

> P.S. Since re-processing in the USA is all but dead,

> why not seal the casks permanently (e.g. weld the lid

> shut - a good friction weld should work)?  Any

> thoughts on the issue?

	--1. These shipping casks cost a few million dollars, so that

would be very expensive

	  2. The design of a cask to resist a powerful collision is very

different than the design for standing up against corrosive chemical

attack for thousands of years