RE: I love high-level nuclear waste and want some in my yard

I was not necessarily talking about

on-site/transportation casks because (among other

things) welded on-site casks would make it difficult,

for say the IAEA, to verify that the fuel inside is

actually spent and not fresh fuel...

I was referring to the casks that would store the

fuel.  As I understood it, the fuel would be

transferred from the shipping containers to the

storage containers at Yucca where it would be placed

in a MRS configuration.  I just don't know why we want

to make it "easy" to be retrieved since President

Carter pretty much killed any hopes that re-processing

ever had for this country.

Tim Steadham

http://auctions.yahoo.com