RE: Note this HPS Newsletter article

Jim,

I thank you sending this article.  It gives a nice overview of the biology

behind what we know and don't know, and puts a prespective on the issues.

As Dr. Walinder mentions, all malignancies do not develop and progress the

same.  That is why we are stuck with the LNT in radiation protection.  It is

the most conservative relationship between dose and response.  It is like a

hospital gown, one size fits all.  (I actually believe one size fits none.)

I think as soon as the public accepts the fact that life comes with risk and

exposures to radiation may (or may not, depending on the dose) is one of

those risks, we will be able to see some realistic acceptance of nuclear

power, waste, etc.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist