Re: Fw: Stop the madness

In a message dated 02/04/2002 7:29:43 AM Pacific Standard Time, RuthWeiner@AOL.COM writes:

We need to continually recognize publicly that representing an environmental group in a public statement carries as strong a bias as working for a DOE  contractor, and stop the fiction that the anti-nuke groups are "independent" and only DOE contractors are "biased."

This is a very important point.  From the public's perspective, they ask themselves, "Why would this group be putting all this effort into opposing this if it weren't really bad?  What's in it for them?"  And, that's one of the questions, we should try to answer.  Indeed, what is in it for them?  Publicity, Hollywood dollars?  What motivates the leaders of these crusades?  I think we need to understand this aspect.

Barbara L. Hamrick