RE: Article: How I set off the subway radiation meter

Daren Perrero wrote:

<<The most impressive portion of the news story, IMHO, is the fact that the

policeman knew the right question to ask and knew that the radiation level

wasn't a threat.>>

But only because we're in this country. Since she had no documentation

(subsequently offered by the radiology department), she could have been

creating the bone scan story and gotten away w/ a terrorist act or illegal

transportation. I think some other countries might have responded

differently. We tend to demand privileges as though they were rights--people

like me who got somewhat sarcastic when the airport inspector confiscated my

one inch sewing kit scissors last night before I boarded a plane. I'm sure I

wouldn't say that ("Fine--whatever makes you happy") aloud anywhere else.

Jack Earley

Radiological Engineer

The most impressive portion of the news story, IMHO, is the fact that the

policeman knew the right question to ask and knew that the radiation level

wasn't a threat.

The thoughts expressed are mine, mine, all mine!

I'm with the government, I'm here to help........

Daren Perrero, Health Physicist

perrero@idns.state.il.us