incident details

Hello radsafers

I heard that about a week ago a 'serious' incident happened at a  Refinery

in Lake Charles.

As far as my information goes an iridium radiography source disconnected

into a vessel.

The message states that the source 'may have vaporised'.

Due to environmental conditions I suppose.

NRC and Oak Ridge assisted with recovery operations.

Further details are not available.

As this accident scenario seems new, we would be very happy with more

technical details and lessons learned.

One of our clients requested a statement if we were equipped to deal with

such an accident.

I am interested in off-line contact if preferred.

Regards

Paul van Rooijen

Manager HSE

AIB-Vinçotte Nederland BV, PO Box 6869, 4802 HW Breda, The Netherlands

tel (+31) 076 579 11 54, fax (+31) 076 587 47 60

e-mail rooyen@aib-vincotte.nl