Re: HP Position Available in Texas

My post took a middle road, and actually, somewhat

justified the lower salary in Texas.  I didn't justify

asking for the sun, moon, and stars.

However, there are too many people in my field [not

HP] who will settle for $28-30K a year with an M.S.

and $35-$36K with a Ph.D.

Salaries in California _should be_ higher than those

in Texas, because it costs so much more to live in

Calfornia than it does in Texas.  When it's on a $35K

salary, the difference in cost of living between

California and Texas is a very large percentage.  When

it's a $55K salary, it's a lot more easy to make a

choice between the two locations.  This is the case,

even if one merely rents or buys a small 2-bedroom

house.  Do the math.

I am a native Calfirornian, by the way, who left

California during the 1980's largely because of the

very high discrepancy in cost of housing between that

state and most of the rest of the nation [except New

York, Boston etc.].

~Ruth 2

http://greetings.yahoo.com