Re: HP Position Available in Texas

Sandy Pearle noted that 'In a down market, where there are a lot of

qualified individuals looking for a position, .."

What's worst is a limited market. I am a Radiochemist. Not many ads out

there for someone in my position, Technical Director or Manager of the lab.

Currently, I even fall below the 3K a month level, even with over 20 years

of experience. I have been looking for that great job in a great living

area, but they aren't out there. Sure you can Rent-a-Tech it, but that's

really not desireable. I plan on taking the HP cert exam this year in hopes

of increasing my odds, especially since my employer has me working both

sides of the fence anyways.

Besides, I would enjoy Texas (being that San Antonio was at one time home)

and that the seasonal weather is almost ideal. You are correct that the cost

of living is generally lower there. But the Austin area is one of the high

priced yuppie areas of Texas due to the presence of IBM and Dell as well as

the state governement. So, for the amount of training and experience they

will require, as well as where in Texas you will be living, the salary

should be better.

Dan Mackney

Radiochemistry Manager

Waste Stream Technology