College credits

Dear Radsafers,

Situation: I am currently working toward a BST Degree with a specialty in

Nuclear Technology through Excelsior College, formally known as Regents.  I

am in need of 7 upper level technical credits.  These credits can be on

almost anything as long as they are technical in nature.  Such as fluid

dynamics, heat transfer, management information systems, quality control,

etc.

Request: I would like to be able to test out of the credits.  Does anyone

know or can guide me in a direction to find information or institutions that

allow for testing out.  The other option that I like is to take a distance

class that is 100% self paced.  That means, the sooner I complete the work

the sooner I get the credits.

Under conventional methods it will take me 9 months to a year to achieve my

goal.  I would like to be done in less than 6 months.  I have already taken

the NRRPT and credits have been applied.  I am currently taking a class with

Thomas Edison and I find it to be to structured with time limits.  Meaning it

is taking to long since it is laid out as a 16 week course and the grades

won't be available before the start of their fall semester.  Time is of the

most importance, financial considerations are important also.  Testing out is

generally cheaper by far.

Thank you,

Douglas W. Coble

Cobdw@aol.com

He who tries and fails, lives a much fuller life than he who never tries at

all.