Re: " U.N. Studies Chernobyl Aftermath "

Bill,

Considering your point: "Let's accept that, learn from it" -- What does

learn from it mean? - Chernobyl 15 years has gone and the conclusion is: -

there are lessons still to be learned -

What and Why we didn't learn yet?

About your point: "To argue body counts is, at best, insensitive, and

does nothing to convince the public of our ability to properly manage

nuclear technology." There are many aspects on this matter that was detected

on  CHERNOBYL TEN YEARS ON - RADIOLOGICAL AND HEALTH IMPACT

An Assessment by the NEA Committee on Radiation Protection and Public

Health, November 1995 - Chapter VIII Lessons learned

and conclusions at  http://www.nea.fr/html/rp/chernobyl/c08.html

Three main steps on this subject necessary to think about:  Lessons Learned

and Implemented, Lessons Learned not yet implemented, Lessons still to be

learned.

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel