Re: More U.N. "Radiation Bottom-Feeders" on Chernobyl Aftermath

Susan L Gawarecki wrote:

> Objectively, the Bhopal accident was much more serious in terms of human

> lives lost.  Yet no one seriously suggests we should stop building

> chemical plants, and Union Carbide is still happily churning out its

> products around the world.

> And man's inhumanity to man in the Balkans, Rwanda and elsewhere across

> the globe have inflicted far more death and destruction of communities

> than Chernobyl.

> So what's so "special" about the dangers of radiation?

What's "special" is the unique cultural baggage associated with radiation/RAM and "The Bomb". We all know this but we burrow down into the details so

far we can't see that the crater rim is not the horizon.

In a hundred years Rad-reality and myth will have reached a much more common playing field IMHO.  It will seem trivial compared to problems created

by biological engineering or (insert fave tech phobia here).

The "Bomb" brought the realization that civilization is mortal.... a global mid-life crisis if you will, we are just now hearing the first echo.