RE: Steven Milloy

Steven Milloy is an extremist, in my humble opinion.

The most obvious example is that Milloy doesn't even

associate cigarette smoking with lung cancer!  This

one thing, all by itself, reduces Milloy's credibility

(with me) to a very low level.

Occasionally, Milloy makes sense.  He has noted

retracted papers, for instance (one on microwaves and

one on endocrine disruptors).  Unfortunately, the

things that make sense are drowned out by his

[extremist] skepticism of consistent, repeated,

well-known results, with the most obvious example

being smoking and lung cancer.  [There are others,

too.  Just two - Milloy's opinions on nutrition and on

climate change are extreme IMHO].

Skepticism is good, up to a certain level.  However,

one could say that Milloy's skepticism is so extreme

that it could be called nihilism.

Milloy's news digest has occasional interesting links,

but I rarely count Milloy's commentary for anything.

I wouldn't put any stock in Milloy's 'list' of 'junk

scientists.'

~Ruth 2

http://greetings.yahoo.com