Re: Radon and Smoking

Kai,

We did not see any changes that would produce a 10% change.

The 10% difference is in Dr. Cohen's aggregate data.

We have data on individuals without lung cancer that show smoking is not

related to the radon concentrations.  We have data on changes that occur

after the lung cancer is diagnosed. We have data on fan usage, fireplace

usage, window opening, whole house attic fan usage, stove top cooking fans,

clothes dryer vents, room ceiling fans, candle usage, forced air furnace,

gravity floor furnaces, electric heat, and on and on.  The data do not

indicate any systematic effects that would bias the study.

Most people's heating bill is impacted by the temperature outside.

Bill